Midnight: Another church in Seremban has been targeted – the Grace Global Prayer Church in Happy Garden, Rasah, Seremban, according to a twitter message from Lim Kit Siang.
It is the twelfth religious site – eleven of which were church properties – and the second in Seremban to be targeted since 8 January.
In the incident that occurred before 8.00pm, the glass of a side window was found broken, said Kit Siang. It is believed that a blunt object was used to break the glass. No stones were found.
He said that the DAP MP for Rasah, Anthony Loke, had sent him a text message from the new two-storey shoplot church, where police and the press had gathered.
Twelve religious sites have been targeted since 8 January 2010:
- Metro Tabernacle Church (Assembly of God) in Desa Melawati – molotov cocktail damages administrative wing (8 Jan)
- Assumption Church (Catholic) in Jalan Templar – molotov cocktail hurled on pavement in front of church fails to explode (8 Jan)
- Life Chapel (evangelical Brethren) in Section 17, PJ – molotov cocktail slightly damages porch (8 Jan)
- Good Shepherd Church (Lutheran) in PJ old town – firebomb misses window, scorches outer wall, minimal damage (8 Jan)
- All Saints’ Church (Anglican) in Taiping – two molotov cocktails scorch stair case leading to main entrance and side porch (9 Jan)
- Convent school (Catholic) in Taiping – molotov cocktail, probably meant for St Louis’ Church (Catholic) next door, breaks guard-house window (9 Jan)
- Malacca Baptist Church (Baptist) in Durian Daun – smeared with black paint (9 Jan)
- Good Shepherd Church (Anglican) in Lutong Miri – stones shatter window panes (9 Jan)
- Sidang Injil Borneo Church (Borneo Evangelical Mission) in Seremban – front doors scorched (10 Jan)
- Gurdwara Sahib (Sikh) in Sentul – stones flung, mirror at entrance cracked and wall chipped (12 Jan)
- St Elizabeth’s Church (Catholic) in Kota Kecil, Johor – packets of red paint hurled, splattering the main gate, the grounds inside, a wall and a statue (14 Jan)
- Grace Global Prayer Church in Rasah, Seremban – sideglass shattered by blunt object (15 Jan)