Some reporter in Malaysiakini before and is doing it again. They are up to their tricks again. Take note that in all of the following news reporters this pitting of Hindraf Hindraf was never done but the defamation suit by Hindraf Chairman P.Waytha Moorthy was properly reported.
1) NST 1/1/2010 at page 6
2) The Star 1/1/2010 at page N24
3) Utusan Malaysia 1/1/2010 at page 13
4) Berita Harian 1/1/2010 at page 10
5) Malaysia Nanban 1/1/2010 front page
6) Makkal Osai 1/1/2010 front page
7) Tamil Nesan 1/1/2010 front page
Bernama News 31/1/2010
9) Malaysiakini 31/1/2010
10) NTV7 news at 7.00 p.m and 8.00 p.m
11) TV3 news
We have asked Malaysiakini repeatedly to independently report the truth about this ASP Vasanthakumar as follows:
1) A google search of him reveals zero posting in the pre 25th November 2007 Hindraf Rally.
2) This ASP only stepped his foot into the Hindraf office about three months before the 25th November 2007 Hindraf Rally. Malaysiakini has personal knowledge about this as they have frequently covered media events at Mutiara Bangsar over the last 8 years and have never seen this ASP there.
3) Malaysiakini should deny this in their newsreport if its not true.
4) This ASP was neither appointed or announced as a “Hindraf leader” until the IGP Musa Hassan on 13/12/07 declared and appointed him as a Hindraf leader when this ASP was lumped up and detained together with the other Hindraf lawyers.
5) And independent interview with any political party or NGO leader or any journalist including Malaysiakini’s Steven Gan would reveal that no one has ever heard of him before the 25th November 2007 Hindraf Rally.
6) There is no history of any NGO activists with a mere three month stint having been arrested and detained under the ISA.
7) Lawyers M.Manoharan and R.Kenghatharan had for the first time spoken to this ASP only at Kamunting Prison though they have seen him around a couple of times in the three months preceding the 25th November 2007 Hindraf Rally.
None of the other Hindraf, Police Watch or Prim leaders or members had ever heard the name or seen this ASP in the 3 months preceding the 25th Hindraf Rally. But Malaysiakini refuses to report on this truth as they prefer pitting Hindraf v Hindraf for “malicious news value” ala the previous Malay Mail reporting style Malaysiakini, the voice for the underdog? Hindraf?
We would however like to acknowledge once again that at the time we needed help the most, Malaysiakini had been with us.